The Orchestrated Inventory app facilitates the processing of sales orders, purchase orders and inventory counts. During the month, you are shipping raw materials, finished goods, merchandise, and other goods. Those items need to be shipped out of Orchestrated and the iPad Inventory app lets anyone quickly ship items from a Sales Order directly on the dock without having to log into a computer.
List of Open Orders
- Tap the "Home" icon to be taken back to the main screen.
- Tap on the date buttons here to filter your list of open Sales Orders by default the iPad app will display all.
- You can search for a particular Sales Order by document number, customer name, or reference.
- Some basic information about the order including the customer name, a reference number (if applicable), the sales order number, the weight of the order and an estimated number of pallets.
- "Orchestrated" logo button to take you to a list of open Sales Orders & to take you back to the home screen.
- The Shipments header will display details about the customer including their name & Ship To information based on the sales order within Orchestrated.
- Details about the sales order within Orchestrated including the document number, expected ship date, a reference, and total weight of the order.
Tip: Total weight is driven by the Inventory weight set on the Item Master Data screen.
- Item Code & Name of what you are shipping
- The warehouse you are shipping your items from.
- The open quantity field displays how much you expect to ship. This number is decremented by the actual quantity received.
- The actual quantity is what you have received to date against the the initial requested amount.
- The unit of measure of the item being received This is based on the Inventory Unit of Measure under Item Master Data.
- Tap on the "i" indicator to pull up your list of batches and display information about which are being shipped.
Note: Batches are selected based on the FIFO or FEFO company setting.
Shipping a batch managed item
- Tap on a row to open the list of selected batches to ship. Only batches that are in-stock in the warehouse displayed on the Sales Order are available.
- You may swipe the row to clear the counted amount or tap on it to reveal a calculator to adjust how much you are going to ship for that particular batch.
- Once you have finished making your changes, tap the "Done" button to save those changes back to the sales order.
- Remarks are read-only when opening the sales order. Using remarks on a sales order is a great way to communicate to your warehouse person special instructions.
- When you are finished, press the "Submit" button to bring up the the submission dialog box.
Submitting a Shipment (turning it into a Delivery)
- The shipment confirmation dialog box is the last step before taking that sales order and converting it to a Delivery and taking the items out of stock. Tap in the initials box to enter your initials.
- Tap in the optional "Comments" fields to record any notes such as "xxx was damaged" etc. Once you are finished press the "Done" button to submit it to Orchestrated.
- Does this work with non-batch managed items? Yes!
- Does line text show up? Unfortunately not yet, but is slated for a future release.
- Can I add items from here? You can add additional items to an existing Sales Order, but new, separate Sales Orders must be first created from within Orchestrated.