The Distributor Portal is an additional module available for purchase for all Orchestrated customers. Please submit a Support Ticket or contact the Customer Success team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Web Portal Management utility is a one-stop-shop to help you maintain data related to the Distributor Portal.
Where is the utility located?
- Once logged into Orchestrated, you'll find this utility under the Integrations module within the menus.
Web Portal Management - Brands Setup
The web brands are what controls what is displayed and how it is displayed within the Customer Web portal. This valuable information is what is conveyed to your distributors. Initial setup is done by our consulting team, then future revisions can be done by you at any time. Once you have finished making your changes to this form, press the Save Web Beer Brands button to commit those changes back to Orchestrated.
- Web Group Name - What is displayed in the web portal for a grouping of brands. This is often groups such as Classic or Seasonal
- Orchestrated Brand Code - The Brand Short Code in Orchestrated of the items you wish to display.
- Orchestrated Brand Name - The name of the Brand you wish to display in the web portal
- Image File Name - The name of the primary image you wish to have associated with the brand.
- Web Description - A brief description of the brand you have displayed
- ABV - The ABV level of the brand
- IBU - The IBUs of the brand
- Additional Image Name - If there is an additional image you wish to have displayed, name it here.
- Brand Sort Order - Brands can be sorted in the portal if you wish to have certain brands displayed at the top within a particular grouping
- Group Order - The order in which you wish to have the groups displayed within the portal.
- Active - You can enable / disable an entire brand from this field.
Web Portal Management - Item Visibility
Often you will want some items to display in the portal but not others. This is very common with 1-off items or in-house only brands. To make it easy to determine what is displayed in the portal, a simple flag is set on the item and to help you manage that, there is an Item Visibility section of the web portal management utility.
- Navigate to Web Portal Management → Click on Portal Item Visibility
- Define the items you wish to manage, by selecting from the options for Brand Name, Item Group or Item Code, then pressing their appropriate buttons.
- Once you have completed your selection, press the Done button. This will display those items and their visibility status within the grid.
- Now you may set whether a particular item or group of items is visible within the Customer Web Portal by selecting Yes or No in the Show in Portal column.
- When you have finished making your changes, press the Submit Changes in the ribbon.
Web Portal Management - BP Catalog Management
Business Partner Catalog Codes are what controls which items a customer can see and order when logging into the Distributor Portal. This is incredibly useful for brands that are only sold in certain regions and can't be ordered in others. A catalog code could be what your customer has on file for a SKU or it could just be your Orchestrated item code.
- Navigate to Web Portal Management → Click on Manage BP Catalogs at the Top
- Using the dropdowns, find the business partner(s) you wish to manage and click Group or Individually on the Right to make them appear as column headers in the Excel sheet.
- These will immediately appear behind the dialog box after clicking Group or Individually.
- Next, define the items you wish to manage by using the dropdowns in the lower section of the dialog box, Item Database Selections.
- We recommend selecting Item Groups for faster addition of items to the spreadsheet.
- As you select each item or group, click the adjacent button to the Right to populate those items into the spreadsheet (Group, Brand, Individually). The items will immediately populate in the spreadsheet to the Left of the dialog box.
- Once you have finished building out your matrix, press the Done button to display any existing BP Catalog codes.
- To add an item to a distributor, copy the Item Code of the item and paste it in the same row under the distributor's column header. To remove an item, delete the item code from the distributor's column.
- When you have finished making your changes, press Submit Changes at the Top and click Yes to proceed with the changes. Importantly, to only make the updates shown in your grid, click No if you see the question 'Use item code for blank catalog codes?'. This will maintain all your unchanged designations and only update the changes you've made. Finally, click OK to push your changes back into Orchestrated.