The Retail Transfer is a powerful tool that will "sell" beer from your Production Facility to your Tasting Room. The Retail Transfer works well when combined with the POS Import Interface, which will create a draft document or AR invoice to decrement inventory from your Tasting Room.
Setting Up The Transfer Scenario(s)
Go to: Administration module > Setup > Financials > Retail Transfer Scenarios
- First, choose a Code and Name for the scenario. It helps to be specific if you have more than one retail location.
- Specify the Customer Code (for the Tap Room) and Vendor Code (for the Brewery), which you may need to create new if you haven't already made a Business Partner for both entities.
- Specify the From Warehouse (where the finished goods are prior to the transfer) and To Warehouse (the location in the software that tracks the retail location's inventory - commonly R1, TAP, etc.)
- Specify the Created Documents dropdown, which clarifies the document used to track the sale from the brewery and the purchase by the retail location.
- Goods Receipt PO & Delivery
- A/R Invoice & A/P Invoice
- A/R Invoice, A/P Invoice & Internal Reconciliation
- Check the box if this is the Default Scenarioand should automatically appear when first opening the Retail Transfer screen, in the next step.
Setting up Items and Business Partners
Items used in the Retail Transfer must be set as both a Sales Item and Purchase Item in Item Master Data:
NOTE: See the Item Master Utility for bulk updating items to Sales and Purchasing Items.
A few other tips and tricks:
- Each item must have the transfer To Warehouse as a valid warehouse in the Inventory Data tab of Item Master Data. The Warehouse Assignment Wizard can help add these, in bulk.
- Business Partners must have the Tax Code set on BP Master Data > Address tab > Ship To > Tax Code
Processing The Retail Transfer
Go to: Inventory module > Inventory Transactions > Retail Transfer
- Review the Header Section and make changes as necessary, especially if you're not transferring the same as your Default Scenario. You can edit any of the following fields:
- Customer Code & Vendor Code
- From Warehouse & To Warehouse
- Price List (to auto-populate pricing for all items being transferred - manual changes still allowed)
- Posting Date
- Reference No.
- Created Documents
- Fill in the Lower Section with all items to transfer - typically finished goods (click Add Row or Remove Row at the Bottom as needed.)
- Once you're ready, click Add at the Bottom to perform the last step and select batches for the items.
A few other tips and tricks:
- You can select multiple items from the List of Items by holding down CTRL or click Add Row for each additional item
- You can leave comments in the Remarks section at the bottom
NOTE: Switching between Find and Add mode will reset the form back to the default scenario.
Batch Selection Screen
For each batch-managed items you need to specify the batch being transferred in the Batch Number Selection screen. You can either click the Auto-Select All button or move specific batches from the Available Batches to the Selected Batches section, designated by the Red Arrow below.
After selecting the batches, click OK at the Bottom, and the Retail Transfer is processed.
Note: Items should be set to Item Level for GL Determinations (on Item Master Data), unless your company decides to manually journal entry costs to other segments.