Sometimes a production order is expressed, then released, and it's later found that there was a error with the production order. In order to correct this, a manual disassembly will need to occur.
Step by Step Guide
- Minor Issue – Manual Adjustment
If a minor issue is found on a production order, we recommend other means are taken if possible first. For example:
- If the production order was shorted 5 pounds of malt, then a simple Goods Issue to remove 5 pounds might suffice.
- If the wrong GL account is hit during one of the PdOs, this can be corrected by a Journal Entry.
Making these minor corrections will save time and a possible headache rather than having to completely reverse the PdO and reprocess it.
- Disassembly Tool
We also have a tool (implemented in OBeer 4.1) that allows for a PdO to be quickly/automatically reversed. This can be accessed by pulling up a PdO that has been processed, right clicking (anywhere there isn’t text) and choosing “Disassemble”. This will automatically create the Disassembled PdO (detailed below) as well as issue/receipt it to complete the disassembly.
- Manual Disassembly
There might come a time where a disassembly might still need to be done manually.
All standard PdOs are created with a “Standard” Production Order type by default. If this PdO is to be reversed manually, a PdO with a “Disassembly” Production Order type needs to be created.
- Open PdO to disassemble.
- Right click, duplicate.
- Change newly created PdO to Type = Disassembly.
- Change the new PdO to match exactly to the old one (e.g. same warehouses). The due date doesn’t have to match but client might decide to backdate the disassembly.
- Add Disassembly PdO.
- Pull the PdO back up (right green arrow), change from Planned to “Released,” and click "Update."
- Right click and choose “Report for Completion.”
- This will open the “Issue for Production” screen. This will issue out the items that were previously received. You should not have to change anything at this point; just click “Add” and confirm which batch this item was issued out of.
- Right click and choose “Receipt Components.”
- This will open the “Receipt from Production” screen. Click add and create the batch number that the item was previously issued out of.
- If you were to check the components previously received/issued, you’ll see that they’ve been reversed as planned (reversing a GB PdO would issue out Green Beer and receipt back in Wort).
- Once issued/receipted, the Disassembly PdO should be manually changed to “Closed” status.
- Go back to the original PdO once more, right click and choose “Duplicate.”
- Make any necessary corrections to this PdO (e.g. should have planned for 30 barrels instead of 3 barrels) and then click “Add.”
- Once the new PdO is created, you may then process it as normal through the Express button on the worksheet or directly on the PdO.