There is a new feature in the most recent platform upgrade, which is used to associate certain Contact Persons within a Business Partner to an E-mail Group.
This feature will allow you to specify the recipients within the Business Partner's organization that will receive certain e-mails. In this way, the E-mail Group will act as a distribution list. For example, this feature allows you to send A/R Invoices created for different customers to their respective accountants.
- Go to Administration->Setup->Business Partners->E-Mail Group
- Add the 'Email Group Code and Group Name in the next available row and click Update
- Bring up the Business Partner in the Business Partner Master Data that you would like to create a distribution list for
- Switch to the 'Contact Persons' tab
- Assign each applicable contact person to the E-mail Group(s) you just created
Now, whenever you want to e-mail certain documents, such as a Customer Statement, you may receive this prompt:
Once you make your selections and choose, 'Okay' you'll see that the system has added all the contacts associated with the E-mail Group onto the window to be sent.