Something went wrong with a batch and we had to dump it. How do we reflect this in the system?
We need to account for this financially and decrement our inventory while also properly hitting the TTB. To do this we use a Goods Issue document.
Fermentation went wrong and we had to dump fermenter 2. To do this follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Inventory > Inventory Transactions > Goods Issue
- Adjust the Posting Date to reflect the day the beer was destroyed.
- Add the destroyed item (in this example GBxxxx)
- Set the Warehouse to the tank that was dumped
- Set the Quantity to the amount of BBLs dumped
- Set the GL account to the COGs or Expense account you want this adjustment to hit
- Set the Variance reason to Destroyed
- Click Add
- Select the batch destroyed in the Batch Selection Screen
- Add the Goods Issue