The following video will go through how to use the Payment Wizard in Orchestra Software:
The Payment Wizard is a tool that enables you to generate mass incoming and outgoing payments, tied to open A/R and A/P invoices. By default, your database is configured to use this feature when printing checks out of the system (for A/P invoices.)
The Payment Wizard is intended for users who make outgoing payments by checks printed from Orchestrated.
If you have a need to receive mass incoming payments, reach out to Support.
To launch Payment Wizard go to Banking > Payment Wizard
Step by Step Guide
These instructions are meant to walk you through each screen of the wizard. Keep in mind, there will be screens that won't require much explanation or input on your end. Each screen will be labeled in the bottom left corner of your screen. The instructions will be based off of those numbers.
1) Launch the Payment Wizard (Banking > Payment Wizard). This will bring up the first screen, just explaining what the wizard does. Just hit Next.
2. Step 1 of 8 - Payment Run Selection: This first screen is where you will need to select whether or now you are starting a brand new Payment Run. The option chosen here should be Start New Payment Run.
There is the ability to save Payment Runs without executing them (creating the payments) right away. If you do save them, you will select the Load Saved Payment Run option.
Once your option is selected, hit Next.
3. Step 2 of 8 - General Parameters: On this screen, you are selecting the type of payment the payment wizard should be creating. There isn't much you need to do on this screen, except check-off the BP Reference Number under Document Options. This setting will allow you to see the vendor's invoice number if you populate it on your documents.
4. Step 3 of 8 - Business Partner - Selection Criteria: This screen allows you to select the business partners that should be included in this run. Keep in mind that you will still have the option to deselect vendors/invoices on a later screen. You can select a range of vendors by their code, their BP group, and also by their properties. The most common (and easiest) way to add vendors though is to simply hit Add to List - this will add all vendors you have outstanding balances with. Once you have the list of vendors on your screen, hit Next.
5. Step 4 of 8 - Document Parameters: This screen helps you set the parameters of the documents you are trying to apply payment to. The most commonly used Selection Priority and field on this screen is Due Date. Feel free to use any of the other parameters as well.
6. Step 5 of 8 - Payment Method - Selection Criteria: You will need to select your payment method on this screen. For many of you, there may be just one option - some of you may have more. Select the method of payment (which is linked to its corresponding bank account) by checking it off. Hit Next.
***Quick note on this screen - There is a field for Max. Outgoing Amt if you scroll to the far right. There shouldn't be anything populate there but if there is, you can change it. This is the maximum amount the system will allow you to pay invoices for at once. ***
7. Step 6 of 8 - Recommendation Report: Remember when we said that there would be a later screen in which you'd be able to select or deselect invoices and/or vendors altogether? This is it! You'll see a list of vendors and invoices for each, based on the parameters you set a few screens back. This screen also sums up the total amount of money going out, based on what is selected and deselected. By default, you will just see the vendors's total amount - no invoices. If you hit Expand All in the bottom right corner, you'll be able to see all of the invoices listed beneath each vendor with an open balance. Deselect any invoices not needed. Hit Next.
8. Step 7 of 8 - Save Options: This is the step that generates or saves your Payment Run. If you are wanting the Outgoing Payments to be generated, select Execute Payment Run. The other options are as follow:
- Save Selection Criteria Only: Reserves selection criteria for this payment run without recommended transactions.
- Save Recommendations: Reserves your selection of recommended open transactions for this payment run only.
- Execute Payment Order Run: Generates payment orders without a linked journal entry, and enables generation of electronic outbound bank files. (Do not use unless recommended by a consultant.)
- Execute Payment Run: Generates payments and payment documents.
In this scenario, since we are wanting to generate payments (checks for printing) - we selected the most common option, Execute Payment Run.
9. Step 8 of 8 - Payment Run Summary and Printing: Last step! This is your summary screen. It tells you how many payments/checks were generated. At this point, if you are ready to print the checks, you can print them from this screen by selecting Checks and hitting the Print button. If you want to print them later, you can do so by navigating to Document Printing (Banking > Document Printing > Checks for Payment) - Here are some instructions on check printing: Check Printing
The wizard has created payments for the invoices you selected during this process, so those invoices should now be closed. If you need to reference the Outgoing Payments created, you can do so by going to Banking > Outgoing Payments.