The following video will demonstrate how to set up and use reoccurring postings and transactions in Orchestrated:
The purpose of this article is to break down the difference between Posting Templates and Recurring Postings, specifically for Journal Entries within Orchestrated.
If you’re looking for details on how to set up Recurring Postings for Invoices, take a look at Create Recurring Invoice Transactions.
Primarily used to set up regular percentage based Journal Entries that require a format that:
- includes the same accounts/Business Partners each time
- is characterized by a specific ratio of amounts.
- From the Main Menu select Financials > Posting Templates.
- Create a unique code and description for the new template (ex. MVM – Motor Vehicle Maintenance).
- Within the lines of the table, select the G/L Accounts/BP Code you wish to use.
- Once you’ve chosen the debit and credit account(s) you wish to use, choose the Debit % (should be 100%) you wish to deduct and the Credit % you wish to credit each account.
- Click Add to finish creating the template.
6. Going forward, when you wish to use this template for a Journal Entry, select Percentages from the Template Type dropdown.
7. Click on the search bubble for Template to open the List of Posting Templates window.
8. Select the Template Code you wish to use and click Choose.
Recurring journal entry templates are more commonly used for regular transactions that occur monthly for expenses such as depreciation, equipment lease payments, payroll, office rent, utility costs, etc.
- From the Main Menu select Financials > Recurring Postings.
- Create a unique Code and Description for the new template (ex. RENT, Monthly Rent Payout).
- Next, specify all the G/L Accounts or Business Partners, as well as the credit and debit
- At the bottom of the window, be sure to select the Frequency and date and it will automatically determine the Next Execution.
- Lastly, click Add to complete set-up.
- Going forward, when you wish to use this template for a Journal Entry, select Recurring Posting from the Template Type dropdown.
- Click on the search bubble for Template to open the List of Recurring Postings window.
- Select the Code you wish to use and click Choose.