It's sometimes necessary to limit the discount that can be apply to a sales, purchasing, product, etc. documents by a certain user.
Step by Step Guide
- Go to Administration->System Initialization->Authorizations->General Authorizations
- Find the user you want to impose a discount limit on and highlight their user code
- Edit anyone of the three fields (Sales, Purchase, General) to the percentage you wish to limit it to
- You can also choose to set a limit on the amount of cash that user can receive on an incoming payment by checking the 'Max. Cash Amount for Incoming Payments' checkbox and then setting that dollar amount
- Click Update to apply the changes.
Now whenever that user tries to apply a discount larger than the limit set, they will receive the following error:
You will need to have the proper permissions to be able to make changes to authorizations (i.e. a regular or superuser)