Standard "Statement of Cash Flows" report. ( 'indirect method' of calculation)
This type of report shows the net change in balance sheet accounts over a given date range divided into 3 standard sections; operations, investing and financing. Options include more and less details as well as the ability to display the actual start and end account balances.
Accounts will be sorted first by Cash Flow Group and then by G/L Account number within those groups.
There are 2 tasks necessary to be able to run this report
- Set up Cash Flow Groups (go to Cash Flow Group Set-up page)
- Assign all Balance Sheet G/L accounts to a Cash Flow Group
See the Key Requirements Section below
Base Module: Financials > Financial Reports > Orchestrated Reports
Reports Module: Reports > Financials > Orchestrated Reports
Typically Used by
Owners, controllers, and financial decision-makers use this type of report to get a view of the changes in non-cash G/L accounts that impact cash flow.
This is often required by investors or financial institutions along with an Income Statement (P&L) and Balance Sheet.
The following steps REQUIRED to generate an accurate report
- Cash Flow Groups: (go to Cash Flow Group Set-up page )
- Cash Flow groups must be set-up. (Administration>Setup>Financials>Cash Flow Groups)
- Each Cash Flow Group must have a segment selected. (Operating, Investing or Financing)
- G/L Accounts:
- All NON-CASH balance sheet G/L accounts must be assigned to a Cash Flow Group in the Chart of Accounts. (Financials>Chart of Accounts, Account numbers starting with 1, 2 or 3)
- This includes the "system" accounts that fall within the range of balance sheet accounts.
- All Cash G/L accounts must have the cash account box checked.
An account should have an assigned Cash Flow Group OR have the "Cash Account" box checked, but not both.
Set-up Tip: Run the report once before you go through set-up.
The report will flag any G/L accounts that are not set-up and will suggest the report segment that those accounts typically are assigned to. (If you are unsure about any segment assignments, consult with your accountant or financial advisor.)
Start and End Date
Hide accounts with no change: (Any account with the same balance from start to end of period will be hidden.)
Show G/L Acct. Level Details: (Shows individual G/L accounts under each cash flow group.)
Show Start & End Acct Balances: (Shows each accounts period starting and ending balance as well as the net change.)