After you have entered Outgoing Payments into your system, these are the steps to print the actual checks that you will send to your Vendors:
NOTE: You will need to have a check layout set up to match your banks check stock before printing checks. You can reach out to your Implementation Consultant or log a Support ticket to get help setting up your layout.
- Navigate to Banking>Document Printing
- Set the Document Type to "Checks for Payment" and then select your Bank Account from the drop-down menus
- You can enter filters for Posting Date, Vendor, etc to narrow down the available checks if needed
- You can change the "Print Checks" drop-down menu to "For Reissuing" to re-print checks that have already been printed
- Verify that the "Next Check No." field is correct and select which checks you would like to print.
- After the checks print, you will get a Check Number Confirmation window.
- Verify that each check printed correctly and each number was properly assigned.
- If a check was assigned the wrong number, you can change it on this screen.
- This screen can also be accessed by going to Banking>Check Number Confirmation if you need to reopen it for any reason.
- Once all of the checks are set to the correct status, click Update to finalize the checks