In terms of production orders, you have two options for configuring your batch numbers. You can either set batch numbers by 1.) Style or 2.) Location.
Style allows you to set batch number by item:
1. Open the item in your Item Master Data.
2. The Additional Identifier is your prefix.
3. The batch number increment is in the User Defined Fields (CTRL + Shift +U) under Next Batch Number
When set by Location, the batch number is set based on the location associated with the warehouse.
1. That setting is in Administration->Setup->Inventory->Locations
2. You can set the Prefix and Next Batch Number there.
Select Option Here:
You can choose which you prefer by going to:
2.Then look for the Batch Prefix Identifier and select your desired choice there and click Save
If you are using the PdO Creation Wizard, it will carry the batch number based on your wort item across through all the way to the end production in your workflow.