Customer Business Impact are part of a new process within Orchestra’s Support Department. As Orchestra’s Support Team has gathered initial feedback, the parameters described below have changed and will continue to be updated as the team strives to create an optimized process.
In order to provide the best customer service experience for all customers, we want to allow our customers the ability to tell us how the issue is affecting their business so we can address it with the proper urgency.
Thank you for your flexibility regarding this living document. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to share those with the Support Team Member helping you with your request or by posting a suggestion on the Orchestrated Ideas Page. The Orchestrated Ideas Portal can be accessed via the corresponding tile in the Help Center Homepage.
Critical Impact – Application down, major malfunctions rendering the product inoperative. Users unable to perform normal system functions and the situation is considered an emergency.
Specific reasons for Critical Impact designation:
- System completely inaccessible to all users due to service not starting, not loading or malfunctioning. A system wide error is occurring.
- A specific user account needs to immediately disabled due to security concerns.
Major Impact – Critical loss of application functionality or performance resulting in high number of users unable to perform their normal functions. The program is usable but severely limited.
Specific reasons for Major Impact designation:
- Service disruption for certain elements within the system or for specific users, as a result of system errors.
- A time sensitive, system error reported by users which may adversely affect billing or productivity; not purely timeline based.
- Errors do not impact essential operations
Moderate Impact – Moderate loss of application functionality or performance resulting in multiple users impacted in their normal functions. A convenient workaround exists and the situation is not impacting production.
Specific reasons for Moderate Impact designation:
- System is up and running, but the problem causes non-negligible impact. Workaround exists, but it is only temporary.
- The software still functions within the environment, but there are functional limitations that are not critical to daily operations.
- Does not prevent production operations, though there is some degradation in performance.
Limited Impact – Specific to informational “how-to” questions, product feature requests, report inquiries, basic configurations and/or documentation questions.
Specific reasons for Limited Impact designation:
- Problem does not have a significant impact to the Customer or occurs in functionality that is not critical or is infrequently used.
- Non-critical, minor loss of application functionality or a product feature request.
- Functionality does not match documented specifications.
- General questions.