What is a a control state? A control state is a state for which the state government directly controls the distribution and sales of alcohol within their borders. This article will walk through how these control state are handled in Orchestrated.
Control States in the United States
- New Hampshire
- North Carolina
- West Virginia
From within Orchestrated, there are a few things that must be set up in order to properly handle a Control State
1. The Control State will need to be set up as a Customer
2. The Control State must be set up as a Tax Determined Warehouse
Note: In order to flag a warehouse as Tax Determined, the User Define Fields window must be open when on the warehouse.
Process Flow for Control State in Orchestrated
1. To handle Control States in Orchestrated, you will first transfer you inventory to your Control State Warehouse
After the inventory has been transferred, it will be taxed accordingly and show on the TTB DRO. You will also be able to pull reporting by location for the control warehouse.
2. When the Control State sends a depletion report you will then create a A/R invoice for your Control State Customer.
Note: Always make sure the the warehouse field is showing on your A/R invoice and that the warehouse is set to you Control State Warehouse. If you do not see the Warehouse field on you A/R Invoice you will need to go to Form Settings and add it.
Adding this A/R invoice will take the inventory out of the Control State Warehouse and create a account balance for your Control State.
3. Once the A/R invoice has been entered, you will go about receiving the payment into the system as usual.