This function centralizes all related transactions, resources, documents and activities for a specific project giving insight into both project management data and financial data all in one central location.
How - To
1. Navigate to Administration > System Initialization > Company Details
2. Navigate to the Basic Initialization tab. Make sure the Enable Project Management box is checked.
3. Once the box is checked, close out of Company Details and navigate to Project Management > Project
4.The Project form will open in Add mode. You can switch to Find mode to find an existing project
5. To Add a new project, the following fields are required:
- Project Type: Internal or External
- BP Code
- Project Name
- Start and Due Date
The rest are optional but highly encouraged to use as they are useful.
6. From here you can go to the Stages tab to outline the project and the planned cost of each stage of the project.
From here you can:
- Set a start day for each stage of the project
- Determine what stage each task of the project falls under
- Define tasks
- Input anticipated costs for each task
- Set a Owner for each task
- Set multiple tiers of Stage Dependence
7. Below, you will also find a list of other functions you can link to the project:
Each will drop down with a new grid allowing you to monitor open issues with the project, attach documents, link documents, create work orders and keep track of project activities.
8. The Summary tab will give you full insight into the project, letting you know it it is on track, on budget and on time.