Attributes are fields created specifically for "miscellaneous" uses on a per user/client purpose. Each client can determine the best use for these attributes and adjust accordingly.
What are the attributes most commonly used for?
Those pesky attributes are used for a variety of bits of information, but some of the most common are:
- An internal Barrel ID if your brewery or distillery isn't using the system generated IDs.
- Storing the batch liquid number that originally filled the barrel
- A location of the barrel
- Who you might have bought the barrel from
- Other crazy things...
Attributes in the BMC
Attributes on the Barrel Master
How to rename the attribute fields
You can change the display name of these fields super easily. This really helps when trying to communicate to others what that field is for; you can even bold and italicize it for greater visibility. To change the display name do the following:
- Hover over the field you want to change...
- Then, hold down the Control key on your keyboard and double-click on the name
- Change the Description and press the Update button.
How to filter your barrels based on the attribute
Oh now we're getting to the good stuff. To filter your barrels based on the attribute, the first thing you need to do is click on the Filter Table button in the menu bar.
- Now that we have the Filter Table window open, find those attributes you are using.
- Select the rule you want to filter by, there's a lot but you will probably only use a couple
- Then select whatever the values are you are filtering by. So for example, if I want to see all barrels that are in the range "530-1" & "530-3", I would choose the rule In Range and then in the Value column I would select 530-1 from the first drop down and 530-3 from the second!
- Once you have input your filtering criteria, press the Filter button to filter the BMC.
- To clear your filters, go back into the Filter Table window and press the Clear button.