The Orchestrated Inventory app facilitates the processing of sales orders, purchase orders and inventory counts. During the month, you are shipping raw materials, point-of-sale, merchandise, and other goods. Someone has to ship those items out of Orchestrated, the Inventory iPad app, lets anyone ship items from a sales order directly on the dock without having to log into Orchestrated.
List of Open Orders
- Tap the "Home" icon to be taken back to the main screen.
- Tap on the date buttons here to filter your list of open Sales Orders by default the iPad app will display all.
- You can search for a particular Sales Order by document number, customer name, or reference.
- Some basic information about the order including the customer name, a reference number (if applicable), the sales order number, the weight of the order and an estimated number of pallets.
- "Orchestrated" logo button to take you to a list of open Sales Orders & to take you back to the home screen.
- The Shipments header will display details about the customer including their name & Ship To information based on the sales order within Orchestrated.
- Details about the sales order within Orchestrated including the document number, expected ship date, a reference, and total weight of the order.
Tip: Total weight is driven by the Inventory weight set on the Item Master Data screen.
- Item Code & Name of what you are shipping
- The warehouse you are shipping your items from.
- The open quantity field displays how much you expect to ship. This number is decremented by the actual quantity received.
- The actual quantity is what you have received to date against the the initial requested amount.
- The unit of measure of the item being received This is based on the Inventory Unit of Measure under Item Master Data.
- Tap on the "i" indicator to pull up your list of batches and display information about which are being shipped.
Note: Batches are selected based on the FIFO or FEFO company setting.
Shipping a batch managed item
- Tap on a row to open the list of selected batches to ship. Only batches that are in-stock in the warehouse displayed on the Sales Order are available.
- You may swipe the row to clear the counted amount or tap on it to reveal a calculator to adjust how much you are going to ship for that particular batch.
- Once you have finished making your changes, tap the "Done" button to save those changes back to the sales order.
- Remarks are read-only when opening the sales order. Using remarks on a sales order is a great way to communicate to your warehouse person special instructions.
- When you are finished, press the "Submit" button to bring up the the submission dialog box.
Submitting a Shipment (turning it into a Delivery)
- The shipment confirmation dialog box is the last step before taking that sales order and converting it to a Delivery and taking the items out of stock. Tap in the initials box to enter your initials.
- Tap in the optional "Comments" fields to record any notes such as "xxx was damaged" etc. Once you are finished press the "Done" button to submit it to Orchestrated.
- Does this work with non-batch managed items? Yes!
- Does line text show up? Unfortunately not yet, but is slated for a future release.
- Can I add items from here? You will have to add any items from within Orchestrated 1st. This is also slate for a future release.