The Orchestrated Inventory app facilitates the processing of sales orders, purchase orders and inventory counts. During the month, you are receiving raw materials, point-of-sale, merchandise, and other goods. Someone has to receive those items into Orchestrated to make them available, the Inventory iPad app, lets anyone receive in items from a purchase order directly on the dock without having to log into Orchestrated.
List of Open Orders
- "Orchestrated" logo button to take you to a list of open Purchase Orders & to take you back to the home screen.
- The receiving header will display details about the vendor including their name & bill-to information.
- Details about the purchase order within Orchestrated including the document number, expected delivery date, a reference, and total weight of the order.
Tip: Total weight is driven by the Inventory weight set on the Item Master Data screen.
- Item Code & Name of what you are receiving
- The warehouse you are receiving your items into. Tap on the field to reveal alternative valid warehouses you can receiving items into.
- The open quantity field displays how much you expect to receive. This number is decremented by the actual quantity received.
- The actual quantity is what you have received to date against the the initial requested amount.
- The unit of measure of the item being received This is based on the Inventory Unit of Measure under Item Master Data.
- Tap on the "i" indicator to pull up your list of batches
Receiving a Single Batch
- Tap on a row to open the "batch receipt" dialog box. The iOS keyboard will automatically appear for you to enter a batch (lot) number for items that are batch managed.
- The quantity to receive is pre-populated with the open quantity, tap this number to change how much you are receiving for this particular batch.
- Note: If you are receiving multiple batches, you can split the amount received and tap the row again to bring the receipt screen.
- Once you have entered your batch numbers and accepted the amount you are receiving, tap the Done button to update the amount being received.
Receiving Multiple Batches
- Tap on the blue "i" to bring up a list of batches that are slated to be received. From this screen, you can clear an amount, alter it, or add batches. Tap on the row to bring up a calculator to input what you are going to receive.
- Tap on the "Add new batch" field to add a new batch to the receiving row. Once finished, tap "Done"
- Remarks are read-only when opening the purchase order. This is a great way to communicate to whomever is going to be receiving in the goods.
- When you are finished, press the "Submit" button to bring up the the submission dialog box.
Submitting a Purchase Order (turning it into a GRPO)
- The receipt confirmation dialog box is the last step before taking that purchase order and converting it to a Goods Receipt PO and bring the inventory into stock. Tap in the initials box to enter your initials.
- Tap in the optional "Comments" fields to record any notes such as "xxx was damaged" etc. Once you are finished press the "Done" button to submit it to Orchestrated.
- Does this work with non-batch managed items? Yes!
- Does line text show up? Unfortunately not yet, but is slated for a future release.
- Can I add items to the PO from here? You will have to add any items from within Orchestrated 1st. This is also slate for a future release.