The Retail Transfer is a powerful tool. When combined with the POS Import Interface, this will take care of your Inventory and Financial transactions for Tap Room Sales. This scenario will "sell" beer from your Production Facility to your Tasting Room.
Setting Up The Transfer Scenario(s)
Go to: Administration module > Setup > Financials > Retail Transfer Scenarios
- First, choose a Codeand Namefor the scenario. It helps to be specific if you have more than one retail location.
- Specify the Customer Code(for the Tap Room) and Vendor Code(for the Brewery), which you may need to create new if you haven't already made a Business Partner for both entities.
- Specify the From Warehouse(where the finished goods are prior to the transfer) and To Warehouse(the location in the software that tracks the retail location's inventory - commonly R1, TAP, etc.)
- Specify the Created Documents dropdown, which clarifies the document used to track the sale from the brewery and the purchase by the retail location.
- Goods Receipt PO & Delivery
- A/R Invoice & A/P Invoice
- A/R Invoice, A/P Invoice & Internal Reconciliation
- Check the box if this is the Default Scenarioand should automatically appear when first opening the Retail Transfer screen, in the next step.
Processing The Retail Transfer
Go to: Inventory module > Inventory Transactions > Retail Transfer
NOTE: Switching between Find and Add mode will reset the form back to the default scenario.
- Review the Header Section and make changes as necessary, especially if you're not transferring the same as your Default Scenario. You can edit any of the following fields:
- Customer Code & Vendor Code
- From Warehouse & To Warehouse
- Price List (to auto-populate pricing for all items being transferred - manual changes still allowed)
- Posting Date
- Reference No.
- Created Documents
- Fill in the Lower Section with all items to transfer - typically finished goods (click Add Rowor Remove Rowat the Bottom as needed.)
- Once you're ready, click Addat the Bottom to perform the last step and select batches for the items.
Note: Every item being transferred must be both a Sales Item and Purchase Item on the Item Master Data record
A few other tips and tricks:
- Each item must have warehouses for transfer defined on the Item Master Data record
- You also have the ability to change the From Whs & To Whs fields on each row
- Business partners must have tax code set on Addresses tab of BP Master Data record
- You can select multiple items from the List of Items while holding down CTRL or click Add Row for each additional item
- You can leave comments in the Remarks section at the bottom
Batch Selection Screen
For each batch-managed items you need to specify the batch being transferred in the Batch Number Selection screen. You can either click the Auto-Select All button or move specific batches from the Available Batches to the Selected Batches section, designated by the Red Arrow below.
After selecting the batches, click OK at the Bottom, and the Retail Transfer is processed.
Note: Items should be set to Item Level for GL Determinations (on Item Master Data), unless your company decides to manually journal entry costs to other segments.